Never leave your child unattended around water. We know it sounds strict, but there is no room for compromise on this one. Babies can drown in as little as one inch of water. Put the cell phone away, forget about all the other things you have to do and give young children 100 percent of your attention when they are near or around water.
- Swim in designated areas supervised by lifeguards.
- Always swim with a buddy; do not allow anyone to swim alone.
- Never leave a young child unattended near water and do not trust a child’s life to another child. Teach children to always ask permission to go near water.
- Maintain constant supervision.
- If you have a pool, secure it with appropriate barriers.
- When using inflatable/portable pools, buckets and water activity tables remember to empty them immediately after use. Store them upside down and out of children’s reach. These types of items can pose as a drowning risk.
Learn More at: https://www.safekids.org/watersafety