COOK THE TURKEY, NOT THE GARAGE.
The NH State Fire Marshal’s Office strongly discourages the use of outdoor gas-fueled turkey fryers that cook the turkey in hot oil. The use of turkey fryers can lead to devastating burns as well as property damage.
5 DANGERS OF FRYING A TURKEY:
1. Turkey fryers can easily tip over, spilling hot oil over a large area.
2. An overfilled cooking pot will cause oil to spill when the turkey is put in. A partially frozen turkey will also cause cooking oil to splatter when put into the pot.
3. Even a small amount of cooking oil spilling on a hot burner can cause a large fire.
4. Without thermostat controls, deep fryers can overheat oil to the point of starting a fire.
5. The sides of the cooking pot, lid, and pot handles can get dangerously hot.
Please take the time to visit the links below to learn more about the dangers of turkey frying, cooking alternatives and turkey fryer safety tips.