CERT (Community Emergency Response Training) is a training program that prepares you to help yourself, your family and your neighbors in the event of a disaster. During any type of emergency, the first response is always local.
CERT training takes about 20 hours to complete and provides critical skills in personal safety and readiness and emergency preparedness and response. Ongoing team training is available.
Participants learn how to:
- Identify and Anticipate Hazards
- Extinguish small fires / Reduce Fire Hazards @ home/work
- Prepare a GO-Kt of essential safety items
- Assist emergency responders
- Conduct light search and rescue
- Administer CPR / Apply basic medical techniques
- Help Reduce Survivor Stress
Who should take CERT training?
• People interested in taking an active role in hometown preparedness
• Neighborhood Watch groups
• Community leaders
• Communities of faith
• Scouting and youth organizations
• Students, teachers, and administrators
•Members of clubs and civic groups
WHEN: Thurs & Fri, Sept. 4/5, Sept. 11/12 & Sept. 18/19 from 1pm – 3pm
WHERE: Strafford County Courthouse – Cafeteria Conference Room @ 259 County Farm Rd Dover, NH
This training is FREE to all community members. Registration is required. Light refreshments will be served.
Please contact Tory Jennison @ 603.335.0168 or email@example.com to preregister (required) or with any questions.